Bachdenkel are a completely forgotten fantastic British band who made two albums seven years apart. This album was recorded in 1970 but not released until 1973. The line was as follows: Colin Swinburne, vocals, guitar, organ, piano, Peter Kimberley, bass, piano (Track 2), vocals, Brian Smith, drums, Karel Beer, organ (on Track 7 only). Apparently Karel Beers produced the band and did the lights.
1. Translation (4:16)
2. Equals (1:52)
3. An Appointment With The Master (5:19)
4. The Settlement Song (11:23)
5. Long Time Living (2:22)
6. Strangerstill (6:56)
7. Come All Ye Faceless (9:06)
8. The Slightest Distance (6:08) *
9. Donna (4:16) *
10. A Thousand Pages Before (6:32) *
*Bonus tracks on 1990 CD re-issue (from the EP):
Total Time: 58:10
Hailing from Birmingham, it seems that they decided that they wanted to live in France and consequently toured there and other parts of Europe often. This is probably why they are almost completely unknown in England.
Their second album Stalingrad was recorded and released in 1977.
The title written in cyrillic lettering with a strange dead upside down bird gives the record an eerie quality.
1. The Whole World (Looking Over My Shoulder) (3:37)
2. After The Fall (4:27)
3. Seven Times Tomorrow (3:56)
4. For You To Live With Me (3:23)
5. The Tournament (2:52)
6. (It’s Always) Easy To Be Hard (4:46)
7. Xenophon (4:51)
8. Ctalingpad (3:30)
9. Stalingrad (4:33)
10. You Lied About Your Age (The Unreleased Singles) (3:11)
11. Ring Of Truth (The Unreleased Singles) (2:55)
12. Sirocco (The Unreleased Singles) (2:58)
13. Ctalingrad (Studio Live) (3:23)
14. After The Fall (Studio Live) (5:35)
15. For You To Live With Me (Studio Live) (4:38)
16. Seven Times Tomorrow (Studio Live) (6:50)
17. Through The Eyes Of A Child (Archives) (4:01)
18. An Appointment With The Master (Archives) (3:39)
19. Bo Bo’s Party (Live, Cannes ’75, Extract) (6:11)
Total Time: 79:16
You can also find tracks from this album on You Tube.
One last thought -English band, German name, living in France, cyrillic alphabet on the second album released 7 years after they formed and first album released three years after they made it -How could they go wrong?